Puff Pastry Baked Eggs

Puff Pastry Baked Eggs


Easter is actually coming! We are serious breakfast people along with also are huge fans of an over-the-top breakfast or brunch (along with also of which usually is actually more of a brunch for us because we aren’t early morning people). of which’s the perfect start to a special day along with also I feel like of which makes the day more memorable for my family. This kind of Easter I want to add something fresh to my menu along with also I’ve always wanted to make the puff pastries baked with eggs along with also veggies, along with also then I came upon This kind of recipe through McCormick along with also I knew of which was the one!

Here we have some serious layers of deliciousness going on. of which begins that has a nicely crisp along with also flakey, buttery puff pastry then you top of which with along with also egg along with also par-roasted veggies along with also bake of which to a soft-set perfection. of which’s a beautifully colorful, special occasion brunch entree of which’s set to impress.

because of This kind of recipe I used my favorite McCormick Red Pepper Flakes. I’m shaking those things on everything! although honestly I use them a lot because my kids don’t like much heat on their dish (whatever of which may be) so I just bring them to the table in sprinkle of which all over my serving (think spaghetti, pizza, eggs, tacos etc). How I love a Great kick to my food. Then another ingredient I used in This kind of recipe, which is actually a go-to dry herb blend for me, is actually McCormick’s Italian Seasoning Blend. I love love love the flavor of which gives the veggies here especially when paired with their roasted flavor along with also the parmesan cheese. along with also if you like garlic I’d suggest using a little McCormick Garlic Powder to sprinkle over the veggies. Totally delicious!

One thing I noticed when I made these is actually of which the white does start to become opaque over the egg yolk near the end so just before of which set I sort of peeled of which back. of which’s not a step listed inside the recipe although for me I’m not only about the flavor of the recipe although also about the look so there’s a little tip you may find useful. along with also when in doubt add more cheese :). You can never go wrong with extra cheese (along with also I actually put the mozzarella under everything to let the colors shine). currently add them to your holiday menu along with also try them out for yourself!


Puff Pastry Baked Eggs
Ingredients
  • 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed (1/2 of 17.3 ounce package)
  • 1 modest yellow onion, chopped
  • 1 cup chopped bell pepper
  • 1 cup asparagus pieces, (1-inch pieces)
  • 2 tsp oil
  • 1 tsp McCormick® Perfect Pinch® Italian Seasoning
  • 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 2 Tbsp shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 4 eggs
  • 1/4 tsp McCormick® Red Pepper, Crushed
Directions
  • Preheat oven to 400°F. Place thawed pastry sheet on lightly floured surface. Cut into 4 squares. Place squares on one side of large, shallow baking pan sprayed with no stick cooking spray. Prick top of pastry squares all over with fork. Set aside.
  • Toss vegetables with oil in large bowl. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning, Parmesan cheese along with also 1/4 tsp salt; toss again to coat well. Spread vegetables on additional side of pan next to the pastry squares. Bake 10 minutes or until puff pastry is actually lightly browned. Remove pan through oven.
  • Make an indentation with back of large spoon in center of each pastry square. Place vegetables evenly around indentations, generating sure to cover edges of pastry squares. Sprinkle squares with mozzarella cheese. Break an egg into each indentation. Sprinkle with crushed red pepper along with also salt.
  • Bake 10 to 15 minutes longer or until eggs are softly set.
  • Recipe source: recipe through McCormick
3.1
http://www.cookingclassy.com/puff-pastry-baked-eggs/
ViewCloseComments